Assemble is a platform provider that connects content and opportunity to different targeted audiences. As of 21 Oct 2020, Assemble comprises the following Telegram channels, chatbots, website, and related platforms:
(Latest Version as of 21 Oct 2020)
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Assemble’s platform, Telegram channels, Telegram Chatbots, and any websites or materials owned by Assemble.
By accessing our platforms, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions as specified in this document. Do not continue to use Assemble’s platform if you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions stated in this document.
1. As used in this Terms and Conditions:
“Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person logging onto any one of Assemble’s platform, Telegram channels, Telegram Chatbots, and any websites or materials owned by Assemble who is compliant to the Assemble’s Terms and Conditions.
“The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company.
“Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves.
2. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Singapore. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
3. You agree that you are permitted to use our Assemble platform under applicable law. If you are using the Services on behalf of a company, business or other entity, you represent that you have the legal authority to accept these Terms on behalf of that entity, in which case that entity accepts these Terms, and “you” means that entity. If you are accessing an account(s) on behalf of the account owner (e.g., as an administrator, consultant, analyst, etc.), the Terms apply to your activities on behalf of the account owner.
4. You agree not to use the Services to:
a) obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to our platform or to our servers, systems, network, or data.
b) make available any content that is harmful to children, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
c) violate any applicable laws or regulations;
d) impersonate any person or entity; or forge or manipulate headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through our platform;
e) post content containing advertisements or other commercial solicitations without our prior written permission;
f) make available viruses or any other computer code, files, programs or content designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of our platform or affect other users; and
g) interfere with or disrupt our platform or servers, systems or networks connected to Assemble’s Services or engage in practices that Assemble deems to conflict with the spirit or intent of Assemble’s platforms in any way;
5. While information is obtained from sources are believed to be reliable, Assemble does not warrant its completeness or accuracy for a particular purpose. The information may be subject to change at anytime without notice.
6. Assemble’s platforms may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. Assemble does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of Assemble platforms or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk.
7. In no event shall Assemble, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of our platform whether such liability is under contract. Assemble, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of our platform.
8. You agree to indemnify and hold Assemble harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including attorney fees and costs) arising out of or related to: (1) your breach of the Agreements or any one of them; (2) any Content you post or otherwise contribute; (3) any activity in which you engage on or through the services provided by Assemble; and (4) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
9. If the Client is dissatisfied with any material on any of Assemble’s platforms or with any of terms and conditions of use of Assemble, the Client’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using Assemble platforms.
10. Assemble reserves the right to monitor all content and posts and to remove any content or post which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
11. @sgQuickJobs, @sgCareers, @sgInternship, @sgTechCareers and other career related platforms under Assemble are (as a whole) NOT a recruitment or employment agency. Prospective employees are to connect with the respective employers on their own accord. All relevant due diligence is to be done on individual’s accord or between the employees and corresponding employers.
12. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to Assemble and the use of our platforms. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
c) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
d) exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
13. The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
14. Credits are issued to you by Assemble on the @sgQuickJobs Telegram Channel. It allows you to load a monetary value on to your sgQuickJobs account for future purchases in relation to the goods and services in sgQuickJobs. The Credits are to be treated like cash for such purposes only.
15. No credit card, credit line, overdraft protection or deposit account is associated with sgQuickJobs. No interest, dividends or any other earnings on funds loaded on to your sgQuickJobs account will accrue or be paid or credited to you by Assemble sgQuickJobs.
16. All purchases and redemptions of Credits made through the Services are final and non-refundable. You acknowledge and consent that the provision of Credits for use in your sgQuickJobs account is a process that commences immediately upon purchase and that you forfeit your right of cancelation once the process has commenced.
17. Accordingly, you agree that Assemble is not required to provide a refund for Credits for any reason. You further acknowledge that you will not receive money or other compensation for unused Credits, regardless of whether your loss of license under these TOS was voluntary or involuntary.
18. If you ask for your personal data to be deleted as described in Assemble’s Data Protection Notice, you will permanently forfeit all of your Credits without the right to refund, as Assemble will no longer be able associate such Credits with you.
19. The value associated with sgQuickJobs Credits System is not insured or guaranteed by any person or entity. Your Credits are valid for use with sgQuickJobs only. We reserve the right not to accept any transactions or otherwise limit the use of your Credits if we reasonably believe that the use is unauthorised, fraudulent, or otherwise unlawful.
20. Ensuring the safe delivery of payment for Credits is the sole responsibility of the Client. We do not take any responsibility for any failure to pay due to technical error, human error, or otherwise and reserve the right to withhold, cancel or remove Credits from the Client if payment is not received.
21. Assemble sgQuickJobs does not charge any fees for the issuance, activation, or use of Credit(s) in your sgQuickJobs account unless otherwise stated.
22. Your Credit(s) will expire three months after the last date of use. Any remaining balance in such an expired sgQuickJobs account or any Assemble credit system accounts will be cancelled immediately and without further notice. For the avoidance of doubt, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, any such remaining balance shall be non-refundable.
23. Assemble may terminate the sgQuickJobs Credits system, in whole or in part, with three months’ advance notice to all active sgQuickJobs account holders and with less than six months’ notice in any jurisdiction if required to do so by applicable law. At Assemble’s sole discretion, Assemble may choose to substitute a similar credit system for the Credits system at any time immediately upon notice to active sgQuickJobs account holders. If the Credits system is terminated, all unredeemed Points will be forfeited without any obligation or liability, and no additional job postings will be honored after the conclusion of the notice period.
(Latest Version as of 21 Oct 2020)
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Assemble (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
By accessing our platforms, you have read the contents of this Data Protection Notice and agree to the manner in which Assemble may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your personal data. Do not continue to use Assemble’s platform if you have not read or do not agree with the manner in which Assemble may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your personal data as explicated in this Data Protection Notice.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, phone number, address, date of birth and Telegram handle/ID.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of (but not restricted to) the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(c) processing payment or credit transactions; and
(d) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
(e) Connecting job posters with job applicants on sgQuickJobs and related job Telegram channels under Assemble
(f) Means of contacting users for events they are involved in
7. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you.
(b) Connecting job posters with job applicants on sgQuickJobs and related job Telegram channels under Assemble
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as password protection, encryption and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
21. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
22. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.